What are the important tax due dates for 2016?
- Final installment of 2015 estimated tax by individuals and trusts due.
- Last day to receive Forms W-2 and most 1099 statements from your employer, banker, broker, etc.
- Fourth quarter 2015 payroll tax returns and annual federal unemployment returns due.
- Last day for filing Form W-4 by employees who wish to claim exemption from withholding of income tax for 2016.
- File Forms 1098, 1099, W-2G, and Form 1096 with the IRS. File Forms W-2 (copy A) along with Form W-3 with the IRS and the Social Security Administration (SSA).
- If Forms 1098, 1099, W-2, or W-2G are filed electronically, the due date for filing them with the IRS and the SSA is extended to March 31.
- Corporation and S Corporation income tax returns for calendar year 2015 due.
- Last day for calendar year corporations to file Form 7004, an automatic six-month extension for 2015 income tax returns.
- Individual income tax returns, Form 4868 (automatic six-month extension) plus payment of any 2015 tax liability due.
- First quarter individual estimated tax payments due for 2016.
- Last day for making 2015 IRA contributions.
- Gift tax returns (Form 709) and payment of any gift tax due for 2015. If your income tax return is extended, the Gift tax return will automatically be extended for six months, otherwise file Form 8892.
- Calendar year Fiduciary income tax returns and requests for five-month automatic extensions due.
- Partnership returns and requests for five-month automatic extensions (Form 7004) for 2015 due.
- First installment for corporation estimated income tax due for 2016.