Maryland Coronavirus Recovery Plan
Due to the recent updates with the coronavirus statistics in Maryland, Governor Hogan announced on May 13th that the stay-home order will be lifted on Friday, May 15th at 5pm. In order to recover from this nationwide epidemic, safety measures and physical distancing should remain in place. Maryland plans to recover by additionally following four essential recovery plan building blocks.
Keep in mind that it is up to the county executive to decide whether or not to agree with Hogan's plan.
- Lift the stay-home order
- Reopen small businesses/shops
- Resume lower-risk community activities
Stage 2 - will resume without a spike in deaths from stage 1
- More businesses reopening
- Nonessential workers unable to telework return to work
- Reinstituting higher-risk activities
- Larger social gatherings
- Opening high capacity bars & restaurants
- Lessened restrictions on nursing home/hospital visits
- Entertainment venues
- Larger religious gatherings
**ALL MARYLAND PUBLIC SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED FOR THE REMAINDER OF 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR**Back To List