Accounting and Auditing Manager
- Supervise, train and mentor staff in all facets of the job.
- Be able to detail review of audits, reviews and compilations for clients in various industries.
- Independently manage small, medium and large clients and have the ability to recognize what staff is needed.
- Assist the client to reach their full potential.
- Interface with clients, staff and owners, including participation in year-end meetings.
- Excellent understanding of the peer review process.
- Working knowledge of tax laws.
- The ideal candidate should have at least 5-10 years of experience with a public accounting firm.
- Ideal candidate should have at least one year of management experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is required.
- Full understanding of the construction industry; including preparation of work in process schedules and assisting clients and staff in preparation of same.
- Experience with the sales, mergers and acquisitions of various types of businesses. Ability to assist clients and staff during this process would be a plus.
- Peer review.
- Benefit Plan (401K) Audits
- Professionals - doctors, dentist, lawyers
- Assist in the preparation and review of federal and state income tax returns and quarterly estimated and extension payment computations for Trusts, Private Foundations, Individuals and Businesses.
- Support the Company's corporate income tax provision process.
- Assist with federal and state income tax audits.
- Support various special projects and assist with ad hoc tax assignments as needed in all areas of tax, including assistance with research & development studies, oversight of the fixed assets tax ledger, tax notice correspondence, etc.
- Perform account reconciliations.
- BA/BS in Accounting.
- 1-5 years of experience in income tax compliance and income tax accounting.
- Ability to exercise judgment with defined procedures and practices.
- Demonstrate proactive behavior/involvement to make recommendations and facilitate decision making.
- CPA certification.
- Familiarity with Tax Provision Software, is a plus.
- Ability to write tax position papers and technical memos to support Company's tax positions.
In order to succeed in this type of environment, you have to have an open mind, a positive attitude and a willingness to take on any challenge. We look for people who display a willingness to explore solutions to problems without requiring hand-holding. We need someone with an understanding of general ledger accounting, a proficiency in Excel, and the utmost attention to detail. You’ll be responsible for the following:
- Assisting in yearly closing process.
- Balance sheet, intercompany, and bank reconciliations.
- Revenue and expense allocations and entries.
- Fixed asset review, capitalization and depreciation.
- Financial, accounting, and analytical projects.
- Other projects and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, or equivalent training.
- 1 - 5 years’ experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Outlook required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to multi-task and change gears under pressure are extremely important.
- Highly organized and flexible in a dynamic work environment.
- A willingness to see no task as too large or too small.
- Inquisitiveness and the desire to change processes for the better.
- Highly motivated to learn within a growing entrepreneurial organization, confident, and passionate about a high level of service.
- Minimum of 5 years of paraprofessional experience.
- 3 years QuickBooks Pro and or QuickBooks On-line experience with high level knowledge of Accounts Payable, Receivable and Payroll transactions.
- Proficient in setting up QuickBooks accounts, including use of classes, job costing and budgeting functions.
- Familiarity or knowledge of other QuickBooks Pro and Intuit Payroll products desirable.
- QuickBooks Pro certification preferred.
- Prior experience in CPA firm is preferred.
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel, Word, and Acrobat Pro.
- Proficient in preparing work papers and reviewing supporting documents in a paperless environment.
- Solid communication, organizational and client service skills.
- Willingness to learn new applications and share knowledge with other staff.
- Provide write-up services on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis to a variety of firm clients as needed.
- Trust Administration preferred.
- Setup QuickBooks data files from scratch and be able to customize to fit client industry and specialized reporting requirements.
- Train clients in setup and use of QuickBooks accounting software.
- Follow up with clients for information, forms, communicate critical deadlines to ensure timely completion of engagements.
- Ability to work independently with clients.
- Other paraprofessional services as assigned.
- Prepare 1099s, W-2s, BPOL, PPT and other forms for clients as needed.
- Limited travel to client sites when required for training or support.
- Handle photocopying, scanning and filing of all necessary documents in an electronic filing system
- Other administrative tasks as assigned
- 401(k) with 20% match
- Health care, vision and dental
- Vacation and sick leave
- Excellent advancement opportunities
Please forward resume and salary requirements to Michelle Parcells, Firm Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or recruiters please.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the firm's policy to provide equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, disability, or veteran status.